Especen hotel is one of the first mini hotels built since the 1990s, located in the center of the Old Quarter in Hanoi (someone calls this area is Cathedral quarter). It is just a stone’s throw from St. Joseph's Church (Cathedral) on a quiet lane. This convenient location allows you to be just a 5 minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, Vietnam Airlines booking office & Quang Trung bus stop (for service to Noi Bai International airport). You can get to all the famous travel points, restaurants, craft shops, pubs and art galleries,... as soon as you step onto the main road.
The Petit Futé guidebook describes Especen hotel as: A small hotel nestled in the maze of streets that surround the Cathedral. Wake to the sound of church bells and a panoramic view of Hanoi rooftops ocher (Petit hôtel niché dans le lacis des ruelles qui enserrent la cathédrale. Réveil au son des cloches et vue panoramique sur les toits ocre de Hanoi). In an adventure book "The House on Dream Street: Memoir of an American Woman in Vietnam" the writer said that: "...I caught the familiar sounds of "Green Bamboo;" "Especen," and "Darling Café;" Hanoi's most well known hubs for low-budget travelers".
• Private room start from $12 to $22/night.
• Single, double, twin and family room available.
• All rooms have private bathroom ensuite with hot water, windows, satellite television, air conditioner (heat & cool), refrigerator, IDD telephone.
• Some rooms included balcony.
• Online reservation without deposit.
• Excellent tours around Vietnam
• Flight, train, sleeping bus ticket booking
• Airport pick-up service $16 with a private car (safe & cheaper than public taxi)
• Car service to airport $13 only
• Full range of car, jeep, motorbike and bicycle rental
• Visa & visa extension
• Water puppet ticket
• Internet access at lobby & wifi in room free of charge
• Local telephone call free of charge
• Print service
• IDD telephone in room
• Tea free of charge at the lobby
• Hot breakfast $3/person (not included in room rate)
• Laundry at 25.000 VND/kg
• Foreign money exchange with market rates (much better than bank)
• Cards accepted: VISA, Master Card, JCB, DCI (2% bank fee will be added)
Official contact address:
The Original Especen hotel chain (since 1990s) now has only THREE addresses:
• 28 Tho Xuong street (original name was Especen No. 11 hotel)
• 38 Tho Xuong street
• 10 Tho Xuong street (with long-term staying rooms)
Please come to our main address at No. 28 Tho Xuong street first, our staff will lead you to your room. Both addresses are just five steps walk from there.
Other addresses with name Especen are FAKE. Beware of FAKE hotel at 13 Ngo Huyen street.